Unexpected Blessings From Caregiving? Absolutely!
A caregiver’s life is crazy! Schedules, blood counts, dementia, appointments, medications, life-threatening emergencies, dietary needs, physical therapy – caregiving can simultaneously drain you and drive you bonkers. But most caregivers wouldn’t have it any other way because you are helping, serving and loving someone important. Plus there’s another benefit: in the midst of the chaos there are moments of incredible beauty and blessing. The stories in this series are random unanticipated moments in caregiving that I have experienced, either personally or through the eyes of someone who has shared their story with me.
This post will serve as the landing page for the series, with a link added each day. I hope you will be encouraged in your journey or will be led to understand someone else’s journey in a new way. We all have struggles and thanks to our Creator and Caregiver, we are all blessed!
- October 1 – Welcome to 31 Days of Writing!
- October 2 – Five-Minute Friday – Family
- October 3 – In Dark Moments of Caregiving: Sing Hallelujah
- October 4 – Leave the Light on for Me – Alzheimer’s Caregiving
- October 5- Fight Cancer and Stand with God
- October 6 – The Blessing of a Cancer Fighting Concert
- October 7 – Be in the Right Place at the Right Time
- October 8 – Be in the Right Place at the Right Time – part 2
- October 9 – Five-Minute Friday Prompt – Trust (in the middle of caregiving)
- October 10 – Love – It Means Everything
- October 11 – Celebrate the Victories
- October 12 – Giving to a Tired Caregiver – Inspire Me Monday
- October 13 – Dirty Drawers and Caring Colleagues
- October 14 – Finally Admitting to a Surprising Blessing
- October 15 – CNA or Fairy Godmother to a Caregiver?
- October 16 – Five-Minute Friday Prompt – Green
- October 17 – Alzheimer’s Cannot Steal my Father’s Peace
- October 18 –
- October 19 – It’s the Little Things (that encourage a caregiver)
- October 20 – The Kindness of Strangers
- October 21 – Train Up a Child (it strengthens the fight)
- October 22 – Nurses and Blood: Care and Life
- October 23 – Five-Minute Friday Prompt – Joy Caregiving Sorrow Turned into Joy
- October 24 –Community Caregiving – the best medicine!
- October 25 – My dad’s passing pre-empted writing. Love you dad.
- October 26 – When the Caregiving is over – my dad
- October 27 – Patients and patience
- October 28 – The Unexpected Blessing of Four-Year-Old Faith
- October 29 –
- October 30 – Five-Minute Friday Prompt
- October 31 –
Join the Challenge!
Join the 5-Day Self-Care Challenge for Caregivers and start taking care of YOU!