Some days, I wonder why I blog. I try to write on a regular basis, and back in May I looked forward to the summer, when I could enjoy leisurely hours of writing and tidying up the blog and myriad other projects. But life happened.
I’ve felt discouraged because it seems like summer offers less time and freedom than the school year, when my schedule stays a steady cadence from August through May.
Summer, on the other hand, fills up with unexpected camping trips, surgeries, hospital stays, work, projects, family and travel and the days and weeks blur into each other leaving an impression of regret over goals not met mixed with unexpected joys.
This morning, whilst reading 2 Corinthians 4, I realized that I don’t have to try so hard. I only have to try to be faithful. I offer my top ten reasons for never feeling inadequate in whatever job you do:
1. God gives us our ministry (and if gives it, HE will make it flourish in his own time).
2. We need to renounce distortions and deceptions (especially the ones we use to put ourselves down).
3. We only need to set forth the truth plainly and let God guide every man’s conscience.
4. Our audience might not understand because they might not be ready.
5. We should preach God, Jesus and the Gospel—not ourselves or our own agenda.
6. Our relationship with Jesus allows HIS light to shine through us.
7. We are weak and human so that nothing goes to our heads.
8. Our weakness should remind us that Jesus died on the cross for us.
9. Grace should cause thanksgiving—which brings glory to God.
10. We don’t need to worry about the outward stuff—just keep pressing on in a daily relationship with God.
So whoever you are, whatever you do, don’t let discouragement bury you. Each effort you make makes a difference—and it’s ok if you never see the results in this life.Try your hardest. Don't be discouraged. You DO make a difference! #fmfparty Click To Tweet
Join the Challenge!
Join the 5-Day Self-Care Challenge for Caregivers and start taking care of YOU!