What inspires me this week? Family caregivers and their millions of selfless acts of kindness towards wives, husbands, children, parents and sometimes even acquaintances when a sick person has no family nearby.
Family caregivers don’t receive a salary or use a time card to keep track of the time spent and the services they render for loved ones who have fallen ill. And sometimes, the ones they care for may feel resentful towards them.
It’s a lonely calling, whether a caregiver steps in for a parent who can no longer make wise decisions or whether the caregiver holds down the fort during a catastrophic illness.
It’s likely that you or someone you know cares for or has taken care of a family member—in myriad ways such as preparing special diets, being the legal guardian of a parent, making decisions about assisted living and nursing homes, changing diapers, or performing routine medical care that nurses usually perform.
Take a look around you, and identify a caregiver or two. Take time this month to let them know their acts of love and kindness don’t go unnoticed. Reach out and let a caregiver know that YOU care for them. (tweet this)
- Send a card,
- Give a gift card,
- Come by and just sit with them and listen to them
- Just do something, anything, really, so that they know they are not alone in their caregiving journey.
What inspires YOU?
Join us at Inspire Me Monday—where we strive to build a community by sharing your links on social media and leaving comments on every one’s blog.
Here are the lovely co-hostesses of Inspire Me Monday: Angie Ryg, Cindy Krall, and Denise J. Hughes. Drop by and say hello and see what their blogs are all about.
What’s your inspirational story? Link up below, and don’t forget the 1-2-3s of building community:
1. Link up your most inspirational post from the previous week (just ONE, please).
2. Vist TWO other contributors (especially the person who linked up right before you) and leave an encouraging comment.
3. Spread the cheer THREE ways! Tweet something from a post you read, share a post on your Facebook page, stumble upon it, pin it or whatever social media outlet you prefer–just do it!
Please link back to this week’s post or add the button to your post so that we can spread the inspirational cheer :).
I found inspiration for my Monday at #inspirememonday. Join us! (tweet this)
So, go ahead! Take the plunge and share your most inspiring post with us!