Bloom, and Bloom Again (Without Fear)

bloomKnow that every flower has a season and purpose—and they don’t all smell the same. You, too have a season and a purpose, and just like a seed dropped into the soil, it may take some time before you bloom. And that’s ok.

Blooms don’t start in the sunlight. They start as tiny seeds or bulbs, ravaged by water, rocks or other natural processes that allow water to seep into the seed and give life to the speck of hope inside. Give God time to work wondrous changes in your life. Hold on to your speck of hope. (Click to tweet)

The first growth starts under ground, where time, water and dead things give life to a little seed. No one sees the growth—the painful stretching, reaching, and hesitating that hurts because things shoot out and grow in a confusion of grasping roots. The Gardener knows what happens and he offers grace for your journey. Give yourself grace during the growth.

Once the roots take hold and the plant pushes its way through the crusty soil, the outward journey has just begun. Leaves and buds take time to appear—sometimes, days, and sometimes years (if you’re a cactus). The Gardener knows the difference between the weeds and YOU. He knows you’ll changes in his time. The Gardener will shine on you and your journey—and let you know what he wants and when he wants it. Don’t compare yourself to every‘bud’y else. (Click to tweet)

One day, you’ll wake up and realize that those difficult times, the dark, under-the-ground-and-scary times have ended. Your journey from seed to something has resulted in a beautiful bloom. God will see you thought each step of the way. Don’t be afraid to share your beauty with the world around you.

Live your life remembering the lilies of the fields. The process will happen over and over again (and it should) as the Gardener shows you ways he wants to use you in his cacophony of love.

Fear not, little seed. God will see you through. (Click to tweet)

I’m joining Lisa-Jo Baker and other fabulous bloggers at Five-Minute Friday–where Lisa-Jo gives us a prompt and we write for five minutes of and hit the publish button–no questions asked and no second-guessing.  Join us?

27 thoughts on “Bloom, and Bloom Again (Without Fear)

1. ~Karrilee~ says:

Oh Amen sweet sister! So much amen! “The first growth starts under ground” – Yes… this is so important for us to remember!
    ~Karrilee~ recently posted…Bloom – A Five Minute Friday PostMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

It’s so hard to remember that, isn’t it? We get so impatient with ourselves and want instant change. Thank you for stopping by!

2. Hannah says:

The under-the-ground times our my least favorite…. until after the bloom. Because then you can SEE all that God was doing under the surface. And my, was it incredible!
    Hannah recently posted…In Full GloryMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

I’m not a big fan of the waiting, either. But you’re so right. The results are always worth it. May we all have patience with each other’s under-the-ground times and pour lots of prayer and love out along the way!

3. Karen Brown says:

I love this! Great job with “Bloom”. This line was my fav: “One day, you’ll wake up and realize that those difficult times, the dark, under-the-ground-and-scary times have ended. ” So encouraging. Thanks!
    Karen Brown recently posted…BloomMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

May you feel the Gardener’s gentle touch today :).

4. “The gardener knows what happens and he offers grace for the journey” – oh, yes – and I want that grace poured over, drenching me! Sweet encouragement for this journey!
    bluecottonmemory recently posted…give it time – bloom timeMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

Thank you for stopping by and for your kind words.

5. Such a great reminder that the process of growth and blooming isn’t necessarily pretty. It involves a lot of difficult times and uncomfortable situations. But at least we have oru Gardener who cares for us the whole way.

And unlike me, He doesn’t uproot part of a row of plants before realizing they are indeed herbs and not weeds. :) Might’ve had a problem with that last week.
    Jen @ Growing in Faith recently posted…Five Minute Friday: BloomMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

Oh, no! I hate it when that happens! I may be guilty of the same mistake ;). But you know, when we uproot ourselves needlessly, our Gardener can replant us and help us thrive–lessons everywhere today!

6. Karen Courcy says:

I am stopping over from FMF! Thank you for sharing on the word BLOOM! You give great reminders of what is there out from the under the dark! thank you :)

Finding The Grace Within
    Karen Courcy recently posted…Five Minute Friday {Bloom}My Profile

7. Ready to see the bloom as it bursts forth!! But know that it is all in God’s timing. Great encouragement to remain faithful in between. Great post, my friend!
    Holly Barrett recently posted…BloomMy Profile

8. Oh I loved that included “years if you’re a cactus”! This fits in so well our reading yesterday from Tullian Tchividjian’s book “One Way Love”. The chapter is called “Hugging a Cactus”. He shares how Mel Gibson ministered to Robert Downey Jr. during his lowest point of drug addictions etc. Mel urged him to hug the cactus, which was the part of his soul that was ugly. Enjoyed your post Anita!
    Jolene Underwood (@Faith_Eyes) recently posted…So the heart may bloom {FMF: Bloom}My Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

Thank you, Jolene :). That sounds like a really cool book–and I love the concept of learning to accept the parts of us that aren’t beautiful.

9. Crystal says:

“Fear not, little seed. God will see you through.” Love that part!

1. Anita Ojeda says:

😉 Thanks, Crystal! And thank you for stopping by.

2. Anita Ojeda says:

:). Thank you for stopping by!

10. Amy Tilson says:

Can I first take a moment to recognize “every’bud’y” and cacophony – those two words sealed the deal on this post for me. Love this! I don’t like to think about the scraping and breaking that allow growth to start in the first place. Thank you!!!
    Amy Tilson recently posted…Bloom – Five Minute FridayMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

;), Scraping and breaking aren’t my favorite part either–but when I’m being scraped and broken, I just hold on to the thought of the blooms that await!

11. Angie Ryg says:

That God will see me through? Little me? That He would call me to join Him in His work! What a blessing and a reminder of His grace – to bloom for Him!

Wonderful post! So fun to connect through FMF! :)

1. Angie Ryg says:

Meaning connecting TODAY through FMF! I hope you know I am thankful for your words in our other places as well! :)
      Angie Ryg recently posted…When You Are Stuck Between Wanting and DelightingMy Profile

2. Anita Ojeda says:

Thanks for stopping by, Angie :). And for your kind words!

12. Amy says:

Your words are such a sweet timely confirmation to all that God has been whispering to me the last few week. I have a season in which to bloom but until then I am suppose to reach my roots deep in His word to take in all the nourishment.
    Amy recently posted…Bloom {Five Minute Friday}My Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

I love the thought of reaching my roots in deep–no one sees the root growth, but without it, there is no blooming!

13. April Brooks says: