You Are Beautiful

brokenbeautifulYou are beautiful. Deep down inside you, a place of beauty lurks, waiting for living water to set it free. Stick your fingers in your ear and cover your eyes and ignore the words and images of all the naysayers who say that only the thin, the perfect, the athletic, the ‘with it’ people have a corner on the beauty market.

There is no market. That’s the lie. Outward beauty is a façade created by society to cover up insecurities. Your self-worth doesn’t come from a bottle (of hair dye, nail polish, diet pills, designer shampoo, beer or vodka)—it comes from knowing that you are loved.

And you are. You are loved to the earth and back, from heaven to the cross. Jesus didn’t die for just the beautiful—he died for YOU—with the grey hairs, the crow’s feet, the rolls of fat, the swollen ankles, the acne, the zit, the flabby upper arms, or the double chin.

You can’t change that. No matter how much you mentally or verbally abuse yourself, it won’t change the fact that Jesus loves you to the earth and back.

So you’ve messed up. You’ve dyed your hair the wrong color, gotten drunk, failed to love, slept around, lied, cheated, overeaten, committed murder (in real life or in your heart). It doesn’t matter. Jesus loves you. We all sin and fall short of God’s plan for our lives. He loves us anyway. He never gives up on us.

Don’t give up on yourself. You are beautiful. You have gifts that no one else has—talents or compassion that only you can offer to the world. (tweet this)

Maybe you think you look passable on the outside, but your inner state makes you cringe—you yell at your kids, snap at your spouse, throw impatient words at the world or harbor hate in your heart. Jesus loves you. He knows how soul-weary a person can get. He knows how physical fatigue wears you thin and exposes your nerves like electrical wires without the protective plastic.

He offers protection and peace. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28) You don’t have to power through life alone with your burdens. (click to tweet)

Stop looking at yourself through the eyes of world. See yourself through God’s eyes. You are his beloved, beautiful child, and he yearns for you to feel the same way about yourself that he does. (click to tweet)

Take a moment to stop, to quiet the voices that accuse you. Drown those lies out and repeat after me: “I am beautiful. God loves me. No matter what.” Living water awaits.

16 thoughts on “You Are Beautiful

1. Karen Brown says:

Oh Anita- This brought tears. So very beautifully written truth. Thank you! I love this: “No matter how much you mentally or verbally abuse yourself, it won’t change the fact that Jesus loves you to the earth and back.” AMEN
    Karen Brown recently posted…The PlaybookMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

Hugs to you today, Karen. He has us covered. May we live our lives so that those closest to us see the Truth.

2. Amy says:

I just spoke on this topic to a group of women on Saturday. I had a woman come up to me afterwards in tears. She told me she has felt worthless her entire life. I wish there could be a way to MAKE people believe they are valuable. In the meantime, let’s just keep repeating the message!
    Amy recently posted…Seeing YourselfMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

I agree! I guess that’s the work of the Holy Spirit–and our job is to pray that people listen to Him as He whispers words of love and affirmation.

3. Cheree says:

“I am beautiful. God loves me. No matter what.”
    Thank you for these words of truth and hope. What a great way to start the day.

1. Anita Ojeda says:

You ARE beautiful! May your day be filled with the warm embrace of knowing God loves you :).

4. Anita,
    Repeating this truth this morning with you…Thank you :)
    Dolly@Soulstops recently posted…What a river otter taught me about prayerMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

You’re welcome :). When we know we’re beautiful because of God, it’s so much easier to share that beauty and acceptance with others, isn’t it?

5. Ceil says:

Hi Anita! We all need to hear this truth over and over again. In a world that tells us what we don’t have, God shows us we have everything we need, and that we are beautiful to boot. Because he only creates beauty!
    Such a lovely encouragement :)
    Ceil recently posted…You’re An ArtistMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

Thank you for stopping by, Ceil :). I love how God’s beauty doesn’t cost a dime. It works from the inside out and last forever.

6. I need to read this every week, or even every day. Beautiful words from a beautiful woman. :)
    Laura Melchor recently posted…What Have I Been Doing?My Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

:). I think we all need to remember–every day–how beautiful we are to God (I know that’s what gets me through the rough spots on a regular basis!).

7. You have gifts that no one else has.
    Yes! I think we forget this all too often!

1. Anita Ojeda says:

Isn’t it amazing how blessed we are? And you’re right–so often we leave our gifts sitting on the shelf in the hall closet.

8. This is lovely truth here, Anita. ❤️ Thanks for being an encourager along with those of us who love to encourage and love for God.
    Heather @40YearWanderer recently posted…Patriotism or Godly-ism: Wisdom for the ALLMy Profile

1. Anita Ojeda says:

Thank you for stopping by, Heather :).